Dr Jonathan Paxman
Room: 533B, Building 204 || Telephone: +61 8 9266 7304 || Fax: +61 8 9266 2681
- Mechatronic Project 234
- Automatic Control 321
- Mechatronic Project 491/493
- Innovative sensor systems for the inspection of vertical shafts in underground mines
- Developing and interpreting 3D perception for autonomous and remote systems
- Mapping, localisation and planning for mobile robots
- Stability analysis for switching control systems
- Team Leader for RoboCup Rescue Competition in 2005 and 2006 (3rd place 2005, 2nd place Autonomous category 2006)
- Reviewer for top professional journals (Journal of Field Robotics, Automatica, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, International Journal of Control, IMechE Journal of Systems and Control)
- Consultant for Meat and Livestock industry
- Research collaborations with Cambridge MIT Institute, NSW Fire Rescue Service
Selected Recent Publications
- G. Dissanayake, J. Paxman et. al., "Robotics for Urban Search and Rescue", International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka 2006.
- W. Kadous, S. Kodagoda, J. Paxman et. al., "RobocupRescue Robot League Team CASualty", Robocup 2006, Bremen, Germany 2006.
- W. Kadous, S. Kodagoda, J. Paxman et. al., "RobocupRescue Robot League Team CASualty", Robocup 2005, Osaka, Japan 2005.
- W. Bath and J. Paxman, "UAV Localisation and Control Through Computer Vision", Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation, Sydney, Australia 2005.
- J. Paxman and G. Vinnicombe, "Stability of Reset Switching Systems". European Control Conference, Cambridge, UK 2003. (invited session)
- J. Paxman and G. Vinnicombe. "Optimal transfer schemes for switching controllers". IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Sydney, Australia 2000.